JOHN C. PACE JR.
2877 E. Broad Street, Bexley, Ohio 43209
Phone (310) 999-8015 — Email email@example.com
Shortly after my eighteenth birthday I planned and implemented my first marketing strategy, complete with an event platform. Three years later I sold the intellectual property rights and trademark to Anheuser Busch which became part of their Michelob brand introduction. Over the next twenty five years, I designed and implemented data-driven marketing strategies to introduce exciting new products and innovative branding strategies that integrated corporate giving with organizations’ direct marketing strategies. I have been CEO of a small organization and advisor to C-Suites of Fortune 500 organizations. Experience has taught me to lead by example and exceed expectations by keeping my team highly motivated. I win when my organization wins.
February 2007 – Present Marketing Consultant (Contract), Ohio and Georgia
- MCS-T.O.U.C.H.: Design and implement strategic marketing communications plan for US Dept. of Labor Career Pathways curriculum to initiate sales
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino: Directed concept-to-launch activation of Classic Gold Music Awards program; designed and provided oversight of global media plan
- InBev (Anheuser Busch): Designed and directed community relations activities to support brand equity; executed communications strategies across all channels to announce outcomes
- Grandparents Association of Atlanta, Georgia: Provided effective communications strategies and consultation to Executive Director and Board of Trustees to build government support
- Jones Company of America: Provided customer insights consultation to CEO and designed business-to-business marketing/public relations strategies to strengthen brand equity and open new distribution channels
January 1999 – April 2006 Marketing Communications Strategist – National Medical Association, Ohio Chapter, Columbus, Ohio
- Designed and managed a branding infrastructure to deliver consistent, integrated communications across all channels
- Consulted with local chapters to unify messaging for internal communications
- Developed communications channels, content and marketing strategies to build and sustain chapter membership
- Collaborated with C-Suite (C-level), local physicians, stakeholders and project owners to ensure stewardship of the brand in coordination with the system brand strategy
- Provided overall guidance for content development to ensure messaging consistency, including design, presentations, talking points, campaigns, digital media, newsletters and events
- Advised President on messaging for sensitive issues; oversaw Change Management and crisis management communications
- Developed communications strategies and content across all platforms to build and sustain strategic partnerships with pharmaceutical companies
May 1980 – March 2006 President – World-Class Events Management, Cleveland, Ohio
- Collaborated with The Ohio State University; designed and executed marketing plan for annual Classic game at Ohio Stadium; generated $2.5 million for charitable organizations
- Controlled $3.5 million annual budget, on-budget each year
- Developed and oversaw strategic social responsibility programs for 42 companies including: Procter & Gamble, Macy’s, Fifth Third Bank, United Parcel Service, Hillshire Farm, Kroger, General Electric, Toyota and RJR Nabisco; met Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Return-On-Investment (ROI) projections for each program
- Developed and oversaw charitable in-stadium advertising programs for Cincinnati Reds, Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Browns; raised $2.5 million for 10 universities
- Collaborated with Cleveland Cavaliers’ past owner Gordon Gund; led initiative to develop and activate an annual college basketball all-star game; generated $1 million for scholarships
- Designed and directed events, televised nationally on Viacom Media; generated $1.8 million for partnering universities; controlled the sale of advertising for broadcasts
- Hired, trained and supervised 20-person staff
October 1998 – March 2006 President – Procter & Gamble Ohio Classic, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Collaborated with Procter and Gamble Brand Directors; designed and led marketing program to relaunch Mr. Clean
- Collaborated with Procter & Gamble C-Suites; designed and implemented marketing communications plan; helped to end national boycott of Cincinnati
- Controlled annual budget of $1.3 to $2 million, on-budget each year
- Led project to develop organization’s strategic plan and mission statement
- Negotiated national television contracts for 15 event platforms and sold the advertising inventory
- Provided oversight of 42 advertising accounts, planned and directed marketing communications and media strategies across all channels
- Anheuser Busch, Inc. – New brand introduction, first year sales acquired 4% market share. Developed and managed community relations and marketing activities.
- Coors Brewing Company – Introduced brand to market/region, developed image plan, increased acceptance rating from 30% to 62% among targeted consumers.
- Brown & Williamson Tobacco Company – Developed health awareness programs with emphasis on pre-retired, high cancer-risk smokers. Served as government liaison.
- RJR Nabisco – Developed/implemented plans to include multi-cultural awareness, increased targeted market share over 10% in northeast Ohio over two-year period.
- Coca-Cola – College introduction/penetration, placed Coca Cola on nine campuses exclusively. Developed and implemented programs encompassing 58 churches throughout Ohio and Kentucky.
- Pepsi – Planned advertising and promotional campaign that increased return-on-advertising publicity dollars by 60%.
October 2010 – Present Chairperson – My Sisters’ Keeper (MSKnow.com), Charlotte, North Carolina
- Contracted with Licking County, Ohio Jobs & Family Services to manage employment program
- Designed and directed college program to prevent assaults and exploitation of female college students
- Led collaborative initiative with Amnesty International and the University of North Carolina, Charlotte, to develop on-campus training for male students to practice unconditional respect for all women
- Manage collegiate social enterprise: marketing products and services; develop distribution channels for fundraising merchandise
- Wrote curriculum; created network of 47 student organizations to facilitate training
Bachelor of Science, Marketing and Management, Franklin University, Columbus, Ohio
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Recognized in Jet Magazine for contributions in education
- Recognized by Tom Joyner for contributions to Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- Received President George W. Bush’s Article of Special Thanks Community Service
- Received the Dream Catcher Award from the Cincinnati Convention & Visitors Bureau